Happy Thanksgiving!
Today I had two Thanksgivings (one Puerto Rican and one American/Puerto Rican).
My first big meal of the day (made by my wonderful friend/ amazing Puerto Rican cook, Zobeida) consisted of: rice with almonds, rice with grandules, potato salad, pasta salad, pasteles, lettuce and tomato (this is called "salad" in Puerto Rico), and TURKEY. Then for dessert we had a cream cheese/ milk dessert (common in PR), cherry cheese cake, and a pineapple type bread/donut (another common dessert here).
After we ate, everyone sang and played the bongo drums along with a Christmas CD, then everyone sang and danced, and played the guitar to some Puerto Rican Christmas carols.
Then it was on to the deaf school to join in the festivities there. We ate: mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, dinner roles, mofongo (or fried plantain) stuffing, regular stuffing, green bean casserole, pasteles, and TURKEY. For dessert we had apple pie, homemade pumpkin pie (made by Johnny) with homemade whipped cream, and ice cream. Then we visited with all the friends that came over (I think there were 17 of us in total) and played the game Othello!
The only thing that was missing from Thanksgiving this year was the Green Bay Packer game:( But, at least they won!!!!!!
p.s.- I really did not have any Thanksgiving ADVENTURES today, but I thought that I should finish the pattern and use the word "adventures" in all the blog entries in November.
No comments:
Post a Comment