So, on Friday night we were in Naranjito (a town up in the mountains about 2 hours away from home) and my van had problems starting. THANKFULLY, it started and we made it home. Saturday morning I took my van to the mechanic and he had to keep it until today, so that meant that I had to get to work, college, and home without my car. Laurie, a woman who used to be a teacher at the deaf school and is here visiting, gave me a ride to work and then she picked me up and brought me to college. I went to class, and then this is where it gets interesting...
I was supposed to get done with class at 8:30pm, but I got to leave around 4:30, because we were not doing anything in my last two classes, so the professors told me that I could leave early. So, I called Betsy (my roommate) and she said she would come and get me. We were about 3 minutes away from home, when we got a call from Chris and Leo (some teenagers who are staying and helping at the deaf school this semester). They were trying to go to the beach and they took a wrong turn and went up a really steep hill and then the van died. So, we got back in the car and went right back near the college to go rescue them. We picked up some coolant and m&m's on the way:) Then, we had a fun time driving the overheating car to the mechanic (we had to do it in two trips, so that the car had time to cool down).
Then, finally, we arrived back at the deaf school (I think around 7:30pm) and Wade, Chris, Leo, and I ate some stir-fry and played cards and dominoes.
One of the things that I have learned here in Puerto Rico is: if everyone is safe, then be happy and don't complain:)
My life here is never boring- there is always some unexpected event/problem- but, this is what makes my life fun!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment