Sunday, July 31, 2011

Island Tourism

Tomorrow is the day that almost everyone in PR returns to work- our summer is done:(

Here are some pictures of the adventures, travels, and friends that I have had in the last few weeks of summer.


I went out to eat with my roommate and the restaurant had butter from WISCONSIN!!!!!




Amelia, a friend from Ohio, came to visit.  We were EXTREMELY busy and had lots of fun:)


I went with my roommate and some kids from the deaf school to pick up a dog from the dog sitters house.  It was a 3 hour drive and the scenery was BEAUTIFUL! 


Me with Kioney, Adriana, and Kevin- my Sign Language teachers:) 



I went kayaking to the bioluminescent bay with some strong friends- hahaha





We went to a river in the rainforest with some friends- the water was COLD, but it was fun!




We also went parrandaing in July- it is like Christmas caroling, but at night.  So, we celebrated Navidad en julio (Christmas in July)




We also went to a water fall in the rainforest.  We had a picnic,  swam in the water fall, and played board games.





Last year I went on a missions trip to a women's shelter in Puerto Rico.  Last week I went back to visit and I spent 2 days there with the women.  It was really nice to be back and see everyone!!!  This is me with some of the workers:)

I got up early and took pictures of the sunrise

Amazing clouds
Me with one of the workers at the shelter- we are the best domino team ever!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment