Hello Everyone!!!!
School in Puerto Rico starts on August 1st for the teachers, August 8th for students, and August 15th for the colleges. So, we are in our last few weeks of summer and we are really busy!
I have been spending a lot of time touring the island and eating Puerto Rican food with my friend Zobeida. She is a 1st grade teacher at the local elementary school and I help in her classroom during the school year. She is really nice, makes AMAZING rice and beans, and is my personal tour guide:) This is what we have done in the last month...
I made mexican casserole and invited Zobeida and her family over for supper.
 |
| This was their first time ever eating a casserole! |
 |
| This is Zobeida's family (including kids and grandkids) |
 |
| After supper and a few games of dominoes we had tea- another new experience:) |
 |
| Zobeida and I on her birthday. We went out to eat at Sizzlers as a surprise party. |
 |
| Natalia!!! Que linda/ how cute:) |
 |
| I also went with Zobeida to see her son's band play- and I got my picture taken with them!!! |
We went camping on a small island called Vieques. It was really fun and beautiful and relaxing!
 |
| These were our tents- yay! |
 |
| It rained the first evening and all the tents were SOAKED (except for mine!!!). So, that night the kids got to sleep with me:) |
 |
| Arepas in an authentic coconut bowl! |
 |
| We had a campfire on the beach and we roasted marshmallows! |
 |
The next day we had a sand sculpture contest. Johnny and I made a snow (sand) man:)
|
I am helping prepare the classroom for school, so on Monday we painted- green and yellow- go Green Bay Packers!
In addition to all this, I have been doing some more traveling/sight seeing around the island! I hope everyone is enjoying the summer and warm weather:)
Tess
No comments:
Post a Comment