The other day, I was sitting in Spanish class and it began to rain. Then out of the roof in the corner of the classroom came a spout of water. This was not a roof leak where the water drips in, this leak was stronger than a drinking fountain! Then the water starting coming in through the corner of the window too. The floor started flooding and we put the garbage can under the leak. In less than five minutes, the garbage can was full!! In the end, we ended up moving to a dry classroom.
The next day, there was not any water at my house. It was back on the next morning, but when I went to wash my face, I noticed that the water was brown colored and cloudy. So that morning, I decided it would be better to use filtered water. When it rains a lot here, the city shuts off the water because they are not able to filter it well. Usually it is clean when it comes back on, but sometimes it is not. Now, the water is clear again, and back to normal:)
I also went to a soccer game in the rain! It was pouring, but they still played the game- at least it was not cold and windy like it is sometimes in Mazo:)
| The team receiving their medals! |
| Jomar and I after his soccer game:) |
I have finally found a job! (or at least a little job) I have started tutoring two siblings (Aidan 9 and Tara 7) in Spanish. They are American and grew up in Jamaica. Now, their dad works for one of the hotels in Puerto Rico, so they moved here. They are good kids and it is really fun!
I am aslo tutoring some friends of ours. They are from the states and have lived in Puerto Rico for many years. I am tutoring the daughter (I think she is in her mid 20s) and the son (he is about 15). Their mom is from the Philippines and I always leave their house with home-baked Filipino goodies:)
And... supposedly, sometime soon, I will have an interview at the hotel/resort for a position at the front desk. So, we will see what happens:)
This summer, I decided to take the Spanish II class for college. It is harder than Spanish I and the professor is also harder, but.... on the pre-test or the diagnostic test that we took I got the highest grade in the class!!!!! (I am not sure how this happened, but at least I am off to a good start)
| Luis Mi doing a skit for the kids! |
| Usually 7- 15 kids come to the club. |
Well, I think that is about it for now. If you want to send me pictures, that would be really nice, I would love to have some new pictures of everyone back in Mazo (especially of the kids!)
This picture was in todays newspaper. The caption said, "Thief got stuck in the grille of the local business and he required help from the authorities". WOW- this man was trying to steal from a store and got stuck in the bars that protect the window/ doors. I just thought that this was pretty funny!
No comments:
Post a Comment